8.16.2008

Go speed racer....



Move over Mach 5, we are on the track! Last month we had a great time in Texas at a putt-putt golf and racing kart center. The kids had never experienced either, so it was double fun. The yellow banana car was so, so slow, and was even back-firing. And how do we even know that it was the car back-firing? :) I think this was the first time I have been in a go-kart since, well, high school.
My cousin and uncle even joined in on the fun. Being the Texans that they are, they were even courteous drivers. Our family, being used to fast and crazy driving in european conditions, were a little competetive.


My husband is the avid golfer, so he tried teaching the correct techniques, until we realized that we needed to move a little quicker since there were groups of other players lining up behind us.
My mom and Ashlyn even arrived after a little impromptu square dancing event (hehe) and played. My cousin and I even had to retrieve balls from the water that diverted from the course. Sadly, we have to admit that we were the ones that hit them so off course.


I think Lauren and Nicholas are dueling to get the ball in first. Do you notice that Ryan is in most of the pictures? That boy does not stop moving.
Does the hat and dry landscape give away our location? Do you see the dark clouds on the left that threatened to ruin our fun? They failed to deliver. My mom!

2 fabulous friends:

Bilary said...

How fun! You're making me want to take my kiddos to do something like that!

I love the picture of you in the car - you look like you are having tons of fun!

Natalie said...

go-karts! on my list of things to do when we get back to the states! sounds like lots of fun was had by all!